Friday, August 1, 2008

If you can't beat 'em... join 'em

I’ve only said this two other times in my life:
1. I wore a Yankees hat and went to a Yankees game[1]
2. I made a Facebook
And now, to add to the list, #3 will be creating a blog. (The online things get me, if you can’t tell). First off, let me start this by telling you I resisted entering this world of online-type-confessional-journal-all-about-me-stuff for as long as possible. But for someone who can stay up hours at night talking to herself, this might be considered a little healthier. Also, instead of sticking with my rebellious ways against the church (mooning a girl’s camp with my white ass, not graduating from seminary, not going to school in Utah)[2] I decided that my young women leaders would be proud to se that I, Katherine- No middle name- Blair, am actually writing in a journal[3]! Now, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve attempted to write in one of these… it usually lasts, ummm… four weeks? Tops? And usually only if I buy a pretty new one from Papyrus. But don’t get me wrong, I don’t only just start writing in journals and not finish them; there are many other things I start and don’t finish! Let’s see… jewelry making[4], cleaning my room, my thoughts… wait. What was I saying? Anyways, if you know me, you know my thoughts have no bounds; left, right, down, up, oh-that-looked-pretty-over-there-kind of thoughts. So maybe I’ll be able to keep this up… maybe.
But… what do I have to say that might be interesting enough for you to read about? Scratch that… what can I tell you that I haven’t spent the last 45 minutes talking to you on the phone about already? [5] And, I’m not even the best writer. Ask my lovely roommate Alexia who has graciously corrected my essays and filled in my sentences with vocabulary words I never took the time to remember in high school- hey how was I supposed to know I would need to use them? But sometimes, these things are like a scab to me- and unfortunately I gotta pick it[6]- so I’m gonna pick at this blog thing for a while-give it a go. But, I plan on trying not to give you a play-by-play of my life… because everyone knows that if I did that, and if this were a TV show, it would only run at two in the morning, and only if I were lucky enough would Lifetime agree to play it. [7] If you do want the play-by-play, odds are you are crazy enough to listen to me talk my head off, your head off, your dog’s head off… basically, you don’t like someone? You stick ‘em in a room with me, and a few hours later, their head will be off. But without going into too many details, I think this blog will be a type of Seinfeld-like blog. Not familiar with Seinfeld? Let me be the one to inform you that it is actually a show about nothing. And I’m not just saying that either, they know it is about nothing, ask Jerry and George when they were launching their Pilot… sorry I digress. But really Elaine, Jerry, Kramer and George always did the best job of pointing out that everything, EVERYTHING, is funny; from soup Nazis, to Boys living in Bubbles. And, to me, I completely agree with them. The simple, odd things that happen to me are the funniest. And to me, the seemingly nothingness of life creates the beautiful world I love and the times I could not live with out. So, I will stop talking for now so your head can remain where it belongs- attached to your neck.
[1] Go A’s!
[2] Ok, so you might not think of them as rebellious. But lay off, I like to think of myself as a rebel.
[3] Damn it-blog- but for the time being, it’s an online JOURNAL- Got it? Good!
[4] I swore KB JEWELS was going to be the next big thing
[5] Yes, this is an attempt for me to save money on my phone bill. Maybe now I will only talk for 30 minutes. (See Daddy; I try!)
[6] Too graphic? Maybe? Ok.
[7] No offense Lifetime. But come on? Does anyone watch that anymore? Wait, has anyone ever watched that?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie I'm so glad you joined the pack! You are funny girl - I was laughing the entire time I was reading your blog. Keep it up!

abeghi said...

katers! LMAO!! really though. and thanks for the shout out haha ;)

Rachel U said...

LOVE YOU. and love this!! you are hilarious. welcome to the blogging world chica

Kelsey said...

yay! this makes me so happy! I love our little blog community! you're such a good writer..i cant wait to read more :)